Winter's Moon

Winter's Moon

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spiritual Quotes by the famous spiritual author and teacher Ram Dass

born Richard Alpert - United States - April 6, 1931 / Lives - USA
 
Popular Ram Dass writings include "Still Here: Embracing Aging, Changing and Dying", "Compassion in Action, with Mirabai Bush", "" & "Journey of Awakening: A Meditator's Guidebook".

"Ram Dass Quotes"

+ I would say that the thrust of my life has been initially about getting free, and then realizing that my freedom is not independent of everybody else. Then I am arriving at that circle where one works on oneself as a gift to other people so that one doesn't create more suffering. I help people as a work on myself and I work on myself to help people.

+ Working on our own consciousness is the most important thing that we are doing at any moment, and being love is a supreme creative act.

+ I’m not interested in being a “lover.” I’m interested in only being love.

+ Our rational minds can never understand what has happened, but our hearts.. if we can keep them open to God, will find their own intuitive way.

+ Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overly was very profound.

+ I am embarrassed to admit what drew me to psychology. I didn't want to go to medical school. I was getting good grades in psychology and I was charismatic and people in the psychology department liked me. It was as low a level as that.

+ The stroke caused me to lose faith, and it was a cold, cold place, and I suddenly realized it was fierce grace.. that turned my life around.

+ Do what you can on this plane to relieve suffering by constantly working on yourself to be an instrument for the cessation of suffering. To me, that's what the emerging game is all about.

+ You give up not meditating. It's called meditation action. There's no way out of it. Meditation means to be constantly extricating yourself from the clinging of mind.

+ We are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another.

+ The most important aspect of love is not in giving or the receiving: it’s in the being. When I need love from others, or need to give love to others, I’m caught in an unstable situation. Being in love, rather than giving or taking love, is the only thing that provides stability. Being in love means seeing the Beloved all around me.


Dass Quotations








Copyright © ArtQuotes.net
Related motivational resources at the Fine Art Portal.
Art Advertising - Art Directory - Art Search
Ram Dass Quotes - Fierce Grace
Famous Motivational Quotes : Leo Buscaglia - Dalai Lama - Deepak Chopra - Mevlana Rumi - Og Mandino

God Quotes - Inspirational Quotes - Love Quotes - Motivational Quotes - Success Quotes

Dear Readers, please do not assume that you understand anything you read on this blog.(;-)